Commercial KITCHEN RENTALS
By sharing kitchen space, you are sharing in the overhead costs of operating a commercial kitchen, working in a fun and collaborative environment, with lots of public exposure and resources to help your business find success. We are all about helping yummy products, and services get out to the people of Saskatoon, by highlighting local ingredients and talent.
Benefits of working with The Local Kitchen
- Lower start-up cost for our users – you can use our kitchen as a long term solution or a launching pad to your own independent facility in the future. It is expensive to build your own kitchen, why not save your pennies and get cracking on your business sooner.
- Commercially inspected food safe facility - you and your customers can feel assured and comfortable, knowing your products and services meet public health standards.
- Increase your output per hour by having access to a greater quantity and quality of equipment.
- Access to a wide network of food businesses, suppliers, and customers to help your business grow in exciting ways.
- Promotion and advertising - we are very active on social media and are committed to sharing your ideas in our promotions.
- Qualified advisors on staff to help you with product development, regulatory requirements, food safety, as well as business start up questions pertaining to budgeting, bookkeeping, etc.
$250 Annual Membership (option to pay monthly $30) includes:
- Advertising on our website and social media
- Referral list (we are constantly approached for recommendations for caterers and food products)
- 50% or more discount on small food business workshops
- Bulk and off-hours discounts (see below)
- Cleaning supplies while you're at the kitchen
- Laundry service for cloths and aprons provided by us
- Coffee while you work
- Access to our fully staffed retail store to sell or distribute
- Table takeovers at Street Stall Saturdays at Ideas Inc Market
$150 Damage Deposit
Returned if/when you move on from TLK - pending no damages of course :)
$28/hour for Kitchen Rental
If you are willing to book during non-peak times (7 pm to 7 am) you will receive a 10% discount, for the hours that fall within those times.
Discounts also available for people who book 20 hours, or more, each week.
20 hours =5% discount, 30 hours = 10% discount, 40 hours =15% discount
**We require a minimum 3 hour per month booking**
Once you have purchased your membership and provided all the required documents we set you up with an account on our online booking system. This shows you availability of our 3 kitchens, allows you to reserve time and invoices and takes payment automatically. It is super easy!